[ga-icann]

Re: [ga-icann] Is this enough yet?

Where is the effective voice for the user.  Who is going to stand in a position of power and abdicate his own interests so that a user's voice maybe heard?  Our only hope in this is to send representatives to our few posts on the Task Forces who will represent the desires of the lowly user and nothing else, especially not their own egos.

The GA is the only present vehicle to represent the end user.  We have to stop using our elections and nominations to send in the same old war-horses who are champions of technical correctness and not user correctness, believe me there are already enough of those to keep us straight. All I am asking for is a little balance. Please let us get some user perspective in our representativeness.

Eric,

NameCritic wrote:

Registrars Competing Against Mainstream Customers for Domain Names
According to a report at DomainGuideBook.com, "the expiring domains goldrush is over, at least as far as the average domain speculator is concerned."  Noting that the race for expired and recently deleted names has given way to a "Wild West atmosphere," the report claims that some domain name registrars, accredited by ICANN for the purpose of making registration capabilities fairly available to all customers, are leasing out their bandwidth exclusively to a few sophisticated speculators for the purpose of grabbing names during the early morning deletions of names by the VeriSign Global Registry, and some are co-opting far more than their fair share of connections to the Registry to allow those select customers do so.
 Read the article:
 http://domainguidebook.com/Guides/goldrush-III.html

ICANN does absolutely NOTHING to protect or represent the users of the Internet. They have sold the Root to the IP Interests and Registrars and other Large Corporate interests. I repose the question once asked about the DNSO, now I ask it about ICANN.

Can it be fixed or should it be replaced or simply eliminated? Chris McElroy aka NameCritic