[ga-icann]

[ga-icann] Re: [ga] 305 Voters

Marilyn:

Hope you follow me -- I've jumped this to ga-icann where it belongs.
I've jotted some quick responses below, but am also about to post
another thing in ga-icann which goes deeper.

"Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" wrote:

> I've been thinking that some of what "we" want to talk about really doesn't
> belong at ICANN at all,

Very true.

> but that there a lots of interesting, bright, and
> involved people who are interested in ICANN, but really want to also debate,
> or socialize ideas bout non-ICANN areas.... digital divide; privacy on the
> net in general, security of applications/communications, etc.
>
> I think, like William, that there may be some models which we could look at.
> I am not holding up any examples, since I am searching. Your ASCAP and BMI
> examples are interesting ones. Some might suggest ISOC;

I recently joined ISOC, and will see what's going on there. (So far, not much.)

> others might suggest
> some of the other more technically oriented ... groups...

Wouldn't think so.  We've too much techie-nerd stuff here already, with
regard to the real "public" interests you and I (and some others who've
been writing me) are beginning to talk about.

> but the point is
> that we should see if we can learn from any of them , and from the other SOs
> about what might work...

Absolutely. If any of them know of a filter that will screen out personal
attacks
and innuendo, political infighting, "me first," and all that we could use one.
:-)

> Thanks, William, I enjoyed reading your post, and it made me think more...

And thank you -- and I go by "Bill" -- aka "Wild Bill," and others not fit
for public consumption.

(What's an "LGA?")

Bill

--