[ga] Re: Whois - Apnics RIR whois bugs? Re: [apnic-talk] Is the NIC-HDL id supposed to be unique

John and all Apnic members,

  I can't speak for Meng here, but this explanation you provided although
technically correct, still does not explain the duplicate Nic Handle
problem that Meng describes...  It only explains how two separate
databases in which a Whois query using APNIC's Whois v1.3
might come up with duplicate Nic Handles.  This BTW, also should
NEVER occur.  Hence however in Meng's case as he reported
it, he is not looking at two separate Whois Databases when
doing a query.  However that also should not matter if assignment
of Nic Handles is done properly or if the databases are truly
unique, which is seems they are not from your query code
example.