Re: [ga] Re: [Monitor & Chair] Reminder and Final Warnings: Sims,Dierker, Field, Fleming

Dear Mr. Henderson,

While I much appreciate the sentiments that I'm sure motivate your request
quoted below, I appeal to you to withdraw it.  I have always opposed the
content-based censorship of ICANN-related lists (although I've no
objection to content-neutral volume or frequency limits), and the fact
that I happen to be the target of someone's bile does not change my belief
that censorship on lists relating to public policy-making is both a bad
idea in principle (people should filter their own mail, not have it done
for them) and in practice (lists that have censorship policies too often
end up debating those policies rather than matters of substance).

As to what to make of the actual give and take, I refer readers to Bret
Fausett's comments at
http://icann.blog.us/stories/2002/08/17/whoStoleIcannsStrawberries.html

Best regards,

Michael Froomkin

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Richard Henderson wrote:

> In the absence of any apology to Michael Froomkin, and because there is no
> reassurance that Mr Sims will not repeat his unfounded slurs against Michael
> Froomkin's integrity and reputation, I formally request the moderators to
> bar this correspondent.
>
> Mr Sims has responded to your warning, not with a reassurance, but with the
> challenge: "Please, bar me from posting on this list."
>
> I formally request that you carry out his instructions, and that he is not
> re-admitted until he gives assurances that he will not again attack Mr
> Froomkin's good name.
>
> Thank you
>
> Richard Henderson

		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org