[ga] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Why People Should NOT Depend on "Root Servers"

Todd and all assembly members, stakeholders or other interested parties,

todd glassey wrote:

> Folks -
> Paul Vixie is dead on here but the real problem is not DNS, but rather the
> routing protocols that allow this type of address forgery to be propagated.

  Well Paul may not participate on here any longer for his long ago
already stated reasons.  But I don't believe he is dead!  >;)

  As far a the rest of your comments/observations, I could not agree
with you more Todd...

  BTW, this was discussed in brief today in Waco at the Presidents
Economic Conference...  I will have more for you on that to put up on
ICANNWatch if you wish later...

> This is the subtle difference here and the biggest criminal here is that
> even with a forged DNS service, the real issue is still Cisco and its
> brethren for forcing the propagation of routing standards that are
> insecurable and indefensible - the other bad-guy here is the IETF for not
> being more in control or forcing issues of security to be ingrained into
> their protocols that they have or are in the process of making as standards.
>
> This is one of the greatest instances proving that the ICANN and the IETF
> themselves with their current management and format, are incompetetent to
> build or enforce standards. If they had done their job properly and allowed
> external input or review of their efforts, then this never would have
> happened.
>
> Just my personal 2 cents here.
> Todd Glassey

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801