[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] Fwd: [cctld-discuss] ICANN updates

Bret and all,

  Dave Crocker aka the spinmister/Dcrock is just doing his thing,
negatively spinning anyone that doesn't agree with the ICANN BoD
and staff.  What gets me is that he has the continuing gall to call
Karl and antagonist or some derivative thereof...  :(

  Bret, thanks for straightening Dave out with your URL below
yet again.  Somehow I doubt that it will do very much good though...

Bret Fausett wrote:

> Dave Crocker wrote:
> > On the other hand, it is interesting to see that all the court authorized
> > were pretty much the same terms as ICANN had been specifying.
> >
> > Even better is the stricture on Karl that he provide prior notice.  That
> > strikes me as something close to an injunction against him, suggesting that
> > whatever harsh language the court used against ICANN, it clearly has
> > concerns about Karl's behaviors.
>
> I think you're misreading it, Dave. Prior to even filing suit, Karl had
> offered to do just that: give prior notice. Karl had proposed seven days
> notice, and the court said to give ICANN ten days notice, but we're talking
> about the difference of a long weekend.
>
> I've linked Karl's pre-litigation offer letter from my report from
> yesterday's hearing:
>
>    http://icann.blog.us/stories/2002/07/29/auerbachWinsCourtCriticize.html
>
>     -- Bret
>
> (not a member of the NCDNHC, just an observer)

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827