From the Ridiculous to the appalling. To:Re: [ga] OECD vs ICANN, re: WHOIS accuracy

George and all assembly members,

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> --- Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >   I agree with you personally, entirely.  I am also amazed and
> > somewhat
> > disgusted that on the ending of the Independence Day Weekend that
> > George or anyone else could possibly espouse of propose anything
> > that would infringe on the freedoms that so many have fought and
> > died for all over the globe, and especially in the US.  Truly
> > appalling!
>
> Trying to imply that my (or the OECD, or others') sense of patriotism
> is any less, for seeking responsible behaviour is a bit of a cheap
> shot, especially coming from someone who lives in a fantasy world,
> according to:
>
> http://www.gtld-mou.org/gtld-discuss/mail-archive/05551.html
> http://www.dnso.org/history/www.dnso.org/discuss/mail-archive/02277.html

  The fantasy is theirs not mine..

  No cheap shot is implied or intended.  If you took my comment above
as such, perhaps you are suffering from a guilty conscience?  I don't
know.  In any event, purporting removing freedoms guaranteed in the
constitution on this holiday weekend is, as I said, truly appalling to
say the least.  As a veteran myself, I speak as I know many others
have already spoken, and still more have paid with their lives
for those very freedoms.  One of which is the right to personal
privacy.

> I can understand why WHOIS accuracy wouldn't be important to folks who
> want to build a fictitious existence on the 'net. There are costs and
> benefits to privacy, as I've argued before.

  Indeed there are a few that have such fictitious existence's on the
Net via one form or another.  But those very few do not justify
the majority to have their privacy trodden upon.  As I have long
been a stakeholder and domain Name holder/registrant that
has strongly, repeatedly and continues to speak out, work
to preserve, and has shed blood in the past to protect
these our basic and fundamental rights, of which the right to
personal privacy is one,  reading of others purporting and/or
proposing to take away or damage those basic rights, is
particularly and grievously offensive.
The evidence of me doing so is plainly clear, well known
and well documented.

> There's no point in arguing
> with some folks who suggest that the value of their privacy is
> infinite, yet won't pay $2 to $5 for that privacy.

  I already paid.  All Americans have already paid.  Most
non-americans have already paid. Many Americans and
non-Americans paid to expand those rights to others
that have sought to attain them, with their very lives...
So this George is quite simply, in the realm of the Ridiculous!

> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827