[ga] Just grounds for disillusionment : a demonstration of ICANN's lack of openness

Title: Help

The reason I regard the ICANN leadership as corrupt and bankrupt is because they have the ability to act and they don't; they have the ability to speak and they don't; they preside over corruption; they know about corruption; they fail to take action to address corruption even though they could. And the public suffers.

I have simply raised some questions for ICANN to answer. Questions which internet users and consumers have raised over months and have a right to raise.

I have addressed them to Dan Halloran as most of the issues seem to be relevant to his responsibilities and remit. I have now been waiting 17 days for an acknowledgement of receipt, even though I've sent ongoing copies of the questions.

I appeal to right-thinking people : don't serious consumer concerns deserve a response?

The full text of my 14 specific questions can be found at: http://icannwatch.com/article.php?sid=735

The issues include ICANN's policy (AND action) on the accreditation of registrars who commit fraud; actions ICANN has taken to investigate cases of registrar misconduct in the .info and .biz roll-outs; the accountability of a registrar like Tucows if its resellers break registry rules; the debate over mandatory registrar "practice" and rules, as opposed to self-regulating optional "best practice", in the context of a minority of registrars whose flouting of rules harms the process and fair distribution of domain names; the issue of "exclusive" registrar lists for friends or registrar partners in the .biz 2B, and what actions ICANN propose prior to the .info LR2 where the same abuse will otherwise be repeated; and the general policy of ICANN with regard to removing registrar accreditation.

Am I being unreasonable to request responses from ICANN on issues like these?

Richard Henderson
www.theInternetChallenge.com