[ga] Re: [off-list] Re: [atlarge-discuss] role of voting

Don't the words "off-list" in a subject header mean anything to you,
Richard?  What you are replying to in public here was a _private_
reply to a message from a different mailing list. Please keep
private discussions private in the future.

On 2002-05-29 17:47:30 +0100, Richard Henderson wrote:

>In a free society, anyone can release information, points of view,
>whatever they darned well like to the press - and they are not
>obliged to consult anyone else at all. Why should they? If an
>individual thinks it's helpful to tell someone else (like you)
>that's THEIR business.

>I often issue press releases. Why would I want to inform you
>first?

Where did I say that I expect to be _consulted_?  Where did I say
that I want to be informed _first_?

The one thing I have asked James for (and I actually believe that he
and I don't even disagree about this any more) is a _copy_ of any
_press_ _releases_ he may make _concerning_ _the_ _GA_ vote.

I don't want to know what he talks in private background talks.  I
don't want to know what he tells individual reporters.

However, when a press release concerning the GA goes out to a whole
bunch of journalists, I'd like to have a little advance warning
before these journalists start grilling me with their questions.
It's that simple.

(As an alternative, one could also send a copy of such press
releases to the GA mailing list - courtesy would dictate that
anyway.)

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/