Re: [ga] Open and Transparent

Dear Michael,
reasonable words come from you, Brett and Joe. But let remember that the
ICANN main "product" is transparency. Many States and people are influenced
in their day to day business and private life by the BoD decisions. They
need to know if they can trust them and to protect their interest in knowing.

1. there were actions this WE. And some decisions. One has been reported:
that the BoD is to look for a successor to Stuart. After Joe said there was
nothing to report.

2. there were actions this WE; the BoD met with non BoD people. Not what
they said, but what they were told and what they discussed about should
have been reported. Question right now is simple: the ICANN II or several
alternatives to the ICANN. I am afraid the current attitude will not help
ICANN II.

3. I noted - as probably many Chancelleries did - that the ICANN legal
adviser plainly compares the ICANN to "other" Federal Agencies.
jfc

---