Re: [ga] To: ga@dnso.org

I would not assume that Andy's reports are accurate.  His perspective sometimes colors his perceptions of both words and actions.

On the main point, we appear to start from different perspectives.  You assume you have some irrefutable right to know and see everything that happens inside ICANN; I assume you do not.  I believe that ICANN meets its public obligations by making all its decisions on the public record, with explanations, and by providing a process open to all leading up to those decisions; you believe that it must also provide a window on all conversations and discussions leading up to those actions.  These are difficult to reconcile, so I won't try.
 As to participation on the GA list, I do not consider this an obligation, and given the approach adopted by most participants, it is certainly not an opportunity for reasoned discussion of issues.  So the notion that most people do not find the time to offer additional opportunities to have verbal tomatoes thrown at them by the likes (assuming this is the correct word) of Jeff Williams is hardly surprising.  What is surprising is that periodically I forget what participation on this list is like, but it does not take long to remember.

Joe Sims
Jones Day Reavis & Pogue
51 Louisiana Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
Direct Phone:  1.202.879.3863
Direct Fax:  1.202.626.1747
Mobile Phone:  1.703.629.3963

The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains information that may be confidential, be protected by the attorney-client or other applicable privileges, or constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.