Re: [ga] Analysis of This Week's Votes

Sunday, May 26, 2002, 1:50:52 AM, Richard Henderson wrote:

> HelpI found it interesting to carry out an analysis of this week's
> votes. I was curious to see how people had voted. Had one block of
> people all voted for Motion 1 (the re-bid) and another even

And you failed because a primary premise was flawed.

The GA does not operate under majority rules, and it is not a
democracy per se.  The GA is a vehicle for consensus, and operates
under consensus rules.  Since the second motion had the most support,
it, and only it, would have most closely matched the consensus of the
GA had the vote been within the scope of the GA in the first place.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>