Re: [ga] The Expiration and Re-Distribution of Domain Names

Title: Help
Fair comments in a way, Andrew!

I'd have to back those registrars who are simply honest, hard-working people trying to run their businesses fair and square. I've encountered very decent people in this category, and they just get a bad press because of the bandits.

Personally, I'd probably prefer a centralised model which bypasses registrars altogether, as expressed in my original post, but I'm not sure it would be accepted or so effective - I just don't know.

But tell me, Andrew: what model do you propose? I simply argue that my proposals would be fairer than what exists at present (which is a travesty).

The fact is: that expiring domain names are not fairly accessible to the internet public, and they should be.

If my proposals happened to make any money for registrars, then so be it. But that's not as important as developing a system which takes expiring names away from SnapNames/Verisign etc etc and makes them directly available to the Internet public.

As such - and until such time as someone comes up with a fairer proposal - I invite comments and consideration to be offered about this model.

Richard Henderson
www.theInternetChallenge.com

From Andrew P. Gardner: