Re: [ga] Re: Transfers: Apparent Authority Discussion

Ross and all assembly members,

  Despite you recent rancor towards myself and our members/organization,
and surprisingly enough to even myself, I find that I am in agreement with
your view and/or comments below.  I believe, but do not know for sure,
that a majority of our members would be in agreement as well...

Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

> > In the document that is not "your draft", it is written:
> >
> > "The Task Force suggests that, after further examination, that apparent
> > authority is a well-defined legal concept and the lack of specific
> definition
> > within the relevant body of ICANN policy should not be a barrier to the
> work
> > of this task force to make policy recommendations."
> >
> > Why continue to be obtuse?  Is there a particular reason why you will not
> > provide a specific definition?
>
> Speaking from a drafting team perspective, what is obtuse about the present
> legal definition of AA? IANAL, but in agency law, the specific definition is
> pretty clear.
>
> > Further, what problems do you have with the
> > Australian model as cited?
>
> Speaking from a personal/Tucows/Constituency member perspective the
> Australian model is one of the finest examples of avoiding the tough
> problems that I have seen in a long time. I am sure that it works within the
> confines of their limited scope, but until CP/IP gains wider support, using
> tree-bark to conduct business in a global market over the Internet remains
> silly.
>
> With that being said, I am sure that if there is any interest within the TF
> in exploring the .au model then I am sure that it will be discussed. My
> initial reaction is that it won't be a very productive discussion in that it
> solves the wrong problems.
>
> -rwr

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827