Re: [ga] Procedure.

t Byfield and all assembly members,

  I believe that ALexander means 50% of those actually voting
not 50% of all the registered voters...  But perhaps
Alex would clarify that.  ALexander?  I also have a problem
with such an announcement at such a late stage just before
such a ballot is to be issued on such a question, motion, or
resolution.

t byfield wrote:

> alexander@svensson.de (Mon 05/13/02 at 04:55 PM +0200):
>
> > >i won't even get into the 50% rule, which strikes me as an effort to
> > >determine the outcome by adopting an arbitrarily complex method.
> >
> > Actually, if you have read the GA list, you will have noticed
> > that this has already been debated.
>
> i did, but in keeping with my remarks about lack of explicit
> structure in the process, it was far from clear to me that it
> had been settled.
>
> > >My suggestion: Allow members to vote yes/no on *each* resolution,
> > >and then see if any of the resolutions capture a substantial
> > >majority of those voting.
> > http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg00736.html
>
> yeah, but go back and read jon's whole message, as opposed to
> this snippet and you will see VERY clearly why i didn't inter-
> pret his suggestion as thomas has.
>
> > To which James Love replied:
> > >I had not studied the specifics of the proceedure closely, and the
> > >system set out by Jonathan Weinberg makes the most sense.
> > http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg00748.html
> >
> > About the 50 percent rule which you call "arbitrarily complex":
> > I cannot understand what you mean by that. If neither motion
> > is approved by a majority of the voters, you will surely
> > not consider them approved by the GA? Every motion obviously
> > needs more Yes than No votes and abstentions!
>
> well, someone else (bill?) asked: 50% of the GA or 50% of those
> voting?
>
> cheers,

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827