Re: [ga] Procedure.

*PLEASE* read this before debating procedural questions!

There seems to be confusion about the proposed vote on motions.

What is meant by "50 percent"?
  There are voters which vote YES, voters which vote NO
  and voters which ABSTAIN.
  A motion is only carried when there are MORE people
  voting YES than otherwise -- this means 50 percent
  of the people taking part in a particular vote
  must vote YES or else that particular motion will
  have failed.

What is meant by "50 percent of the voters"?
  50 percent of the people taking part in the vote. This
  is not a quorum with regard to the voting registry.

Why doesn't each motion stand on its own?
  Well, it does! You can vote YES or NO on motion X and
  YES or NO on motion Y or you can abstain.

Why is this such a "non-process"?
  Because we have no detailed rules for all these cases,
  only precedences and agreement among GA members.

Is there no consensus requirement, i.e. more than 50%?
  As I read the bylaws, there is no requirement for a
  minimum percentage for GA votes; please correct me
  if you read it otherweise.

What if only three people participate and two vote for
Motion X?
  (a) There is a majority for Motion X. (b) The GA
  looks silly.

Best,
/// Alexander