RE: [ga] reform proposal

IF the U.S. Congress invited you to testify, where should they send the invitation? Are you interested in testifying on behalf of your INEGroup members?

Marilyn
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Williams [mailto:jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 9:23 PM
To: Eric Dierker
Cc: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; k@widgital.com; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] reform proposal

Eric and all assembly members,

  I can only speak for our [INEGroup] members to address your
remarks below.  Our members are currently in process on three
fronts presently.  Jamie's motion for rebid is predominant
right at the moment.  We are in process on voting on it
ourselves.  I will post our results on the GA when the
Balloting is completed, this evening or tomorrow
sometime.  Of course as always our [INEGroup's]
decision and voting record will be filed with the FEC
as usual.  And the results will be sent to the
DOC/NTIA along with other individual govt.
officials that have specifically requested same...

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Marilyn,
>
> I must assume, that; Jeff speaks for his group, Ross speaks for his, Jamie
> for his, and so on.  What I would like to know is what your group thinks on
> these issues.  A bunch of stock in the IT area is going in the ----can.
>
> Do you think that reform here can help?
> Wouldn't a rebid bolster and breed some new confidence?
> Reliability and Stability of the Net help, but perceptions are actually more
> important.  Can your group help here?
> IPv4 is clearly a toy.  Is AT&T hooked up with the China Movement, away from
> ICANN and the few year old experiment?
> What is your companys' reason for supporting ICANN in that technology has
> passed them by, by at least two years?
>
> Can you be candid on these issues which are at the crux of your questions?
> What is your company doing to route around the problems caused by the DoC?
>
> Answers to these questions would help discussion and lead us dotcommoners to
> a better understanding.
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> > Kristy and others,
> >
> > I would welcome hearing from the GA as Kristy suggests -- the recently
> > released papers from the Evolution and Reform Committee offer a new
> > opportunity for input. Can the GA develop comments for the questions
> > raised by those papers, even if it is only some of the questions?
> >

> > I know time is short for everyone.
> >
> > Marilyn

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827