Re: [ga] Motion # 1

Friday, May 10, 2002, 12:56:23 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:

> turns you on. But legal nitpicking is going to get you nowhere  -- get
> substantive, and tell us how
> it is that ICANN is a blessing to humanity.

You miss the point by thinking that this is the primary issue.

The fact is that I agree with the criticism of ICANN, and with MOST of
the text being used in the statement, and if it was being made
appropriately, I'd most likely add my name to it despite concerns over
some of the wording.

But it is not appropriate for it to be a statement OF the GA.  The
effects of doing that will be detrimental to efforts to increase
public participation and input into the dns policy process with either
the current ICANN, a reformed ICANN, or a successor organization.

THAT is the reason why this motion should not be considered in the GA.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>