Re: [ga] Point of Order

Wednesday, May 08, 2002, 2:53:15 PM, Andy Duff wrote:

> The reality is that there's a growing consensus of opinion that a bit of
> competition for ICANN (or the DNSO if you want to restrict it to that) would
> do no harm at all; Jamie's proposed motion is designed to establish whether
> such consensus exists.

No dispute.  I agree.  However, the DNSO GA IS NOT THE APPROPRIATE
VEHICLE to put it forward.  Doing so WILL do irreparable harm to the
effort to broaden public participation in ICANN or any successor
organization.

Do it OUTSIDE the DNSO GA, and you have my full support, and my name
attached to Dan's text or something close enough to it (but without
your additions, the FTC has nothing to do with ICANN or the DNS).

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>