Re: [ga] Point of Order

Ken Stubbs wrote:

>please explain why this is not a legitimate point of order here..
>is it because you dont like mr walsh  ?

Not at all!  In fact, I like Mr. Walsh... he's entertaining.  As for his
"point of order", it does not come from the ICANN Bylaws which only
states the following about the composition of the GA:

"(b) The DNSO shall consist of (i) a Names Council ("NC"), consisting of
representatives of constituencies as described in Section 3 of this
Article VI-B ("Constituencies") elected by those Constituencies and (ii)
a General Assembly ("GA"), consisting of all interested individuals and
entities."

There is NO mention whatsoever in the ICANN Charter about what qualifies
or does not qualify as legitimate GA deliberation/vote material, and I
challenge Mr. Walsh (or anyone else) to show where in the ByLaws it
does.  After all, Mr. Walsh contends that his "point of order" is
dictated by the ICANN Charter.  The onus is on Mr. Walsh to produce the
relevant ByLaw stipulation.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

P.S.  I have gone over the posting limit and I'm aware of this, I can
only ask for the GA's indulgence on this wise.

.