Re: [ga] Recommendation 18

Danny and all assembly members,

 DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Draft version 9 of the NC's Interim recommendations on ICANN evolution
> includes the following:
>
> "The stakeholders in the gTLD policy development body should be at a minimum
> the following groups: Business users, intellectual property interests, gTLD
> Registries, Registrars, non-commercial interests, Internet service providers."
>
> Looks to me like they are recommending nothing more than another DNSO minus
> the ccTLDs.  How does this solve any of our problems?

  No it says at a MINIMUM..  So your misreading is showing rather badly
again Danny....

> Would anyone care to offer up a plan to reform our DNSO?

  Several have been "Offered up" before they are available in the
DNSO GA Archives.  You yourself "Offered up" one some time
back.  I did, Karl A. did, Roeland Mayer did as well to name a few...

> Or shall we leave
> it in the hands of the Board to make that decision for us?   Thomas, Alex...
> any thoughts on a better way forward that provides full representation for
> members of the GA?

  The ICANN board and staff are going to do whatever they themselves
choose to do with or without other recommendations as they have done
every single time in the past on other central issues anyway....
Your point here is???

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827