Re: [ga] Problems/Conclusions

Danny and all assembly members,

  Danny, it is becoming more and more obvious that you are poo pooing
ICANNATLARGE.COM as an effort in formulating a At-Large organization
for ICANN.  This expressed attitude is not realistic.  I freely admit that
ICANNATLARGE.COM is and has been suffering some structural
deficiencies created through a Joop-Pinder show extravaganza, but it is
still a effort that ICANN called for and is presently endorsing.  As to
whether or not ICANNATLARGE.COM will be successful in
gaining enough support in terms of finances, ability to collect funding,
membership, and expectancy by the ICANN BOD and staff remains to
be seen yet.  None the less ICANNATLARGE.COM is a viable
although troubled effort.

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> You miss the point Joop.  Only Eric Dierker and I have sent a note to Denise
> Michel volunteering to participate in the activities of the At-large
> Organizing Commitee as per ICANN's announcement:
>
> Denise Michel will help ICANN take initial steps to support the formation of
> At-Large organizations, including: creating an informal, volunteer At-Large
> Organizing Committee to assist in guiding preliminary at-large efforts.
> http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-24apr02.htm
>
> None of your 293 voting members (other than Eric) have volunteered in this
> capacity, and certainly none of your elected officials has volunteered either
> for duty on the ALOC being organized by Denise.   So toot your horn as much
> as you like, but don't try to con us into believing that volunteers have come
> forth.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827