Re: [ga] The IANA Function

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> ..  Unfortunately, we cannot locate a figure for the IANA function in
> the ICANN budget.

Neither can I.  And ICANN's management seems not to have that figure
either.  It is indicatative of very poor cost accounting practices within
ICANN.

It is my belief that the IANA contract should be moved from ICANN to
another body that is completely independent and separate from ICANN.

That would both clarify the cost situation and eliminate what appears to
be a game in which ICANN's personel invisibly shift from ICANN to IANA to
ICANN roles thus obfuscating costs, responsibility, and denying
accountability.

		--karl--