[ga] [Fwd: Mail System Error - Returned Mail]

Mail link on the acceptance template page does not appear to be working.

Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology
35, du Ravin  phone: (613) 794-5356
Chelsea, Quebec  fax:   (819) 827-4398
J9B 1N1                 e-mail:synthesis@videotron.ca

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

    Recipient: <ga-nominations@dnso.org>
    Reason:    <ga-nominations@dnso.org>... User unknown

Please reply to <postmaster@videotron.ca>

Reporting-MTA: dns; VL-MS-MR001.sc1.videotron.ca
Received-From-MTA:dns; videotron.ca (24.203.109.143)
Arrival-Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:40:11 -0500

Remote-Recipient: rfc822;<ga-nominations@dnso.org>
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;551 SMTP-Deliver:BadRecipient
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS;dnso.dnso.org
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:40:12 -0500

1a. Full name of the nominee: Dan Steinberg

1b. E-mail address of the nominee: synthesis@videotron.ca

1c. Background information about the nominee: Dan Steinberg has been
working on DNS-related issues since 1996. I am currently working on the
UDRP review Task Force. This has proven to be an interesting task and I
have endeavoured to represent the GA.  So far nothing has come up that
requires actual 'representation'of a GA perspective but when it does I
will seek guidance.

1d. Statement of the nominee's objectives
 in the role as GA delegate to the NC Transfer TF: It is clear that
there is no simple solution here. If there had been one, we would have
rapidly approached it and not needed to set up a task force. My
objective is obviously to represent the GA, but as with the UDRP Task
Force, in order to represent, there must be 'positions'
taken...consensus, vote, whatever.  Absent a position to represent, I
will use common sense and my perception of fairness. The procedures for
transfers have to somehow balance the needs of the registrars, the
registries and the customers. Does that sound like I'm avoiding the
answer? perhaps. But I think the only way for the problem to not exist
is to eliminate the whole registrar/registrty structure....and that
would be terribly unfair to the regisrars.