RE: [ga] According to Mike Roberts....

Dear Roeland,
I fully support parts of Mike's memo.

But... as you point out the real failure of the Internet comes from ICANN
ignoring the ... trivia you point out. Mike's positions on TLDs were from
there the doom of the Internet and of its security. I do like what he says
about SAIC, Clinton, NSI  ... (I am only sorry he forgot Joe Sims). But he
is the one who did it all.

Also, Mike says:
"
Nobody cares that you don't like a particular recommendation, they want to
know whether you have a better idea, an idea that is good enough to gather
the support of a lot of other interested parties that may not share your
individual political or social or economic background but are nevertheless
interested in the future welfare of ICANN.
"
who really cares about the future welfare of ICANN? I care about my future
welfare, friendly about yours, the future of the Internet for that reasons,
but ... ICANN? I Might be interested if I was a Member.

Mike what you have to understand is there is not such a thing as having to
agree upon the future of the Internet. This is a very pious dream of yours.
This is exactly as if you wanted people to agree upon the future of the
radio or of the high-ways. You are the only one wanting to baby-sit the car
drivers: they are grown enough to drive alone. ICANN is only delivering car
plates. If it wants to care only about US ones, good for me. If it makes a
deal with the other countries and get cheap enough car plates, good for me
too. But $ 50.000++ a plate was no good for anyone.

Hopefully he says:
"
Third, be prepared to compromise your goals in the interests of forging an
At Large organization that contributes to an ICANN that is going to operate
in a far different environment than its founders envisaged.
"
That is pure Mike "be prepated to compromise" with people who are
wrong.  Are you OK with two people to maintain three registries on an Axel
table (so one can take some vacations)?

If in the "founders" he includes Joe Sims I remove what I said before, but
I do not understand Mike at all. (BTW Mike this post of yours is the
wildest post I never read on the matter. I would not have dare writting it.
Marines are invading the DNSO. Too bad you miss the technical
background...You would chair the ORSC! )

Unfortunately he finishes in saying:
"
The study committee has worked hard. It doesn't deserve the abuse it has