[ga] September PEEK

Title: DONLIN WEB STORE NEWS

THE DONLIN PEEK NEWSLETTER - some email systems may not
display this email properly.  Click here for a web-based version

 Sept. 2001

Production Engineering and Expendable Knowledge

        & nbsp; Vol. 1.3

Anniversary Free Camera Rental Giveaway

You can win a free one-day camera rental!  Donlin is celebrating their 15th Anniversary by giving away a free one-day rental of an Ikegami HL45 with your choice of dockable recorder.  (See below for more information about the HL45.)

It’s easy to win.  You will be automatically entered in our 15th Anniversary Camera Rental Giveaway every time you buy your expendables from www.BuyDonlin.com now through November 30th.

Go to www.BuyDonlin.com for more details and enter now!  A chance to win a free camera rental is a great reason to buy all your expendables at BuyDonlin.com.

Spot light on HL45

For a cutting-edge, high-performance digital camera, Ikegami’s HL45 provides high image quality and digital-specific versatile videography.

For a rental house, the diversity and adaptability of the HL45 is invaluable for meeting the wide range of projects that are requested by clients. The HL45 has the ability to go from an ENG shooting camera to a digital component multi-camera scenario.  The HL45 is dockable to almost any recording format including Beta SP, DVCAM , DVCPro and also can accept Triax for use in multi-camera scenarios, and the HL45AW provides 12 bit processing and wide-screen capability.

Donlin purchased their first HL45 in January of 1999 and with the success of that camera added the HL45AW in January of 2001.  They were well received and put to the test in a wide range of situations successfully.

One of our clients that always used to shoot Beta SP with a high end Ikegami HL59 Betacam decided to shoot DVCAM for a series of textbook science projects for a major publisher.  Over the course of 12 weeks, 500 3-minute science experiments were shot with the HL45 and a dockable DSR.  The picture quality, the ability to use a wide variety of accessories like the RM11 remote controller to fine tune the picture, plus the ability to save information to a Smart Media Card afforded our client a huge cost savings in setup time.

It’s superior picture quality, easy operation, durability and versatility makes Ikegami HL45 a rental favorite and the camera of choice at Donlin.

IFP Market

Donlin will be at the IFP Market at the Angelika Film Center in New York City on October 1st and 2nd.  Please stop by our booth located in the Angelika Lobby to learn more about our services plus have a chance to win a FREE camera rental and other great prizes!

In its 23rd year, the annual IFP Market showcases over 300 narrative and documentary features, scripts, shorts and works-in-progress for the film industry's domestic and international buyers, distributors, development executives, and festival programmers. Attracting over 2,000 participants, the IFP Market is the largest film market on the east coast.

The IFP is the largest association of independent filmmaking professionals in the United States.  More than 10,000 filmmakers and industry professionals enlist the IFP for year-round assistance and guidance.  The IFP is the leading resource of the American Independent Film community.

Big 15 Specials in September

We’re celebrating our Anniversary with these specially priced one-day rentals:

Equipment

Was

Sale
DeSisti 1K “Redhead” $17.50 $15
Shure FP 16 Distribution Amplifier $25 $15
QTV Teleprompter – FDP-12” LCD $180 $150

PackageIkegami HL59 DSP FIT CCD camera with BVV5 SP Dockable VTR

$750 $715

Grass Valley 100 Switcher Package

$750 $715

Gels on Sale Now

ON SALE

Sheets
Cinegel #3204:  Half Blue (1/2 CTB) $5.65, NOW $4.52

Cinegel #3208:  Quarter Blue (1/4 CTB), $5.65, NOW $4.52

Rolls
Cinegel #3402:  Rosco N.3, $147.11, NOW $117.69

Cinegel #3408:  Roscosun 1/2 CTB, $147.11, NOW $117.69

Expendables at BuyDonlin.com
Sound Blankets
Gloves
Batteries
Gel
Blackwrap CDR's
Sandbags

Click to see photos

Congratulations Donlins!
From Bob Demers

Congratulations on making it 15 years.  I remember when it all started… You were the only game in town for us DP's trying to do something better with the video image...messing with the detail, screwing with the white balance, pushing the highlights...you had (and still do have...) the perfect balance of left/right brain activity, a tech with soul.   Also, big thanks for maintaining the highest level of quality by sticking with the best image acquisition system around...Ikegami.

Best wishes for the future, keep on it!

Bob Demers
Director of Photography

Lower minimums
Not ready to buy in bulk? You’re in luck! Donlin has just lowered minimum purchase requirements so we can accommodate you.
Care to Share?
Have any funny or unusual stories about your experiences on a job? Would you like to share your insights on equipment? Have any tricks of the trade or helpful production tips? Share it by emailing us and we’ll publish it in our next newsletter.

HL45

High Density CCD
520,000-pixel(NTSC) IT CCD image sensors provide exceptional smear characteristics.
Horizontal resolution of 900 (HL-45) and 750 (HL-45AW)

Digital Process
IC (ASIC) with 12-bit analog to digital (A/D) conversion 64dB (NTSC) Digitized gamma and DTL

Triax Operation
Features TA/BS/OCP-40 with remote control and high-resolution video transmission.

Rear Panel Adaptor/VCR dockable

Dockable Disk Recorder (DNR-20)

  • Low Center of Gravity
  • Designed for operator comfort
  • Weighs less than 6 pounds
  • Compact
  • Memory Card
  • Variable Shutter
  • +36dB Gain
  • Built-in CC Filter Disk
  • Color Matrix
  • Dynamic Range
  • Sensitivity of f10/f11 (HL45A/HL-45AW)
  • Black Stretch
  • DTL function
  • RGB DTL Method
  • High-Resolution Viewfinder