RE: [ga] geographicals

On 04:03 03/09/01, Ladi said:
>Perhaps an acceptable compromise would use the complete congress as a
>model and create a body of representatives using geographical divisions
>and another that ignores them. Not that I particularly like more
>processes to get anything done, but it might make the most people happy.

Dear Ladi,
as you may have noted this is exactly what the MoU, every @large
organization and Danny proposes.

9 Directors for the netwide concerns by the infrastructure oriented SOs.
9 Directors for the stakeholders. Currently 5 on a geographical basis and 4
(BoD squatters, hardly elected) on and ad-hoc basis. Danny proposes 9 on a
geographical basis.
1 Director by the Staff.

The problem with the current areas is their population/economical/network
specific unbalance.

IMHO you concern is not appropriate: the target is not to have anyone
represented. But to make sure a) the Directors are the most diversified in
their origins b) proximity ties among @large people may develop.

Jefsey