Re: [ga] More BC Shenanigans

On 18:35 02/09/01, DannyYounger@cs.com said:
>The newly posted draft of the revised Business Constituency Charter
>http://www.bizconst.org/bccharter.htm conveniently eliminates the sectoral
>diversity requirement for NC reps, thereby assuring the Telcom sector
>continued domination in the Names Council.

Dear Danny,
I suppose you missed the following :-)

<quote>
It is therefore crucial that the Business Constituency remain independent
from other constituencies whose primary role is to formulate views from the
exclusive perspective of such service providers, as well as from other
groups whose interests may not be aligned with business users.
</quote>

No ISP, Registrar, gTLD can be a Member of the BC. Marilyn Cade and Grant
Forsyth companies are not in such businesses as to provide access to the
Internet, to sell or provide domain name resgitration service.

>I guess that if they couldn't manage to get Marilyn Cade elected under the
>terms of their current Charter, it became necessary to revise their Charter
>accordingly. One has to wonder who drafted this new gerrymandered version?

Much like the previous charter. MCI is no more in telecom/internet business
than ATT. So Mailyn has every reason to replace Theresa.
Anyway, Danny, Members have voted that proposition, haven't we? Oh, we have
not, hmmmm...

>We still haven't had an answer to the question of whether Marilyn is legally
>entitled to vote in this upcoming DNSO Board election.  Somehow, that doesn't
>surprise me...

I promized my wife to go out and have some Champaign the day I vote at the
BC. Thx to them I am saving my money :-)

Jefsey