[ga] Reply to Marilyn

Marilyn,

Thank you for your well considered preliminary response to some of my
concerns.  Although I continue to believe that both you and Grant work for
Telcoms, I will not belabor this point on the GA list.

You have written:  "I am unclear of what your concerns are about having
temporary representation
UNTIL AN ELECTION IS HELD, but would like to better understand it."

I will be happy to elaborate upon this "point of order".    I am sure that
you would be the first to agree that we must all abide by the ICANN ByLaws.
As I understand the ByLaws, a Names Council representative must be elected by
his/her own constituency.

 "(b) The DNSO shall consist of (i) a Names Council ("NC"), consisting of
representatives of constituencies as described in Section 3 of this Article
VI-B ("Constituencies") elected by those Constituencies"

In my opinion, as you have not been elected by the membership of the BC, you
are therefore not formally a Names Council member, and your informal status
does not confer voting rights.

As I am not a lawyer, I am content to have this point of order adjudicated by
our Corporate Legal Counsel prior to the upcoming DNSO Board election.   As
you have demonstrated a willingness to discuss this issue, I am confident
that you will have no objection to having this point of order evaluated.

Best regards,
Danny