RE: [ga] Summary of Verisign meeting in Washington on WHOIS services

> It was focused on getting input from business and
>IP folks, as well as the law enforcement community.

So was it explained that an IP whois is maintained which is verified and can
be used to find who is in charge of the IP address and, therefore, any legal
action such as subpoenas, "takedowns," etc. can be accomplished using this
whois database.  The unverified domain whois databases are not actually
needed for this purpose.

This point is glossed over or ignored in most discussions I have seen.
Also, I don't see how Verisign can be viewed as a neutral party.  They
certainly do not represent the individual domain holder.

When these people get control you can say bye to any personal privacy.  The
lawyers and lobbyists will rule the day.

Russ Smith