Re: [ga] Re: [ga-udrp] WWF - World Wide Fun

This is actually preposterous. The DNs are the property of no one so of
everyone. This decision may or not harm one or two WWF. This actually not
my problem.

But it do harm me as an Internet User. I am entitled to be protected from
the introduced confusion and from the routing collision this creates. When
I click on an http://www.wwf.com link on a site, I will meet a turtlle and
not the human fighter I expected. This makes me confused and makes me
disapointed and waste time. All the more than when I want to see a turtle I
keep using http://www.wwf.org .

The contract you refer to is obviously not valid as it involves something
none of the parties had capacity to engage. This is only through cases like
that that a jurisprudency may happen. To make it understood by the Juge I
would suggest this:

1. the DN is not defined in the UDRP procedure, hence it has a common
meaning: it is the name of a domain as per the domain owner or by the
people reffering to the domain (common behavior)
2. the domain is the site. Is the site legitimate. Yes. Is WWF the name of
the wreslting group, yes. So anyone - the WWF, me, you ... has the right to
use http://www.wwf.com to access the wrestlers site.
3. I would suggest that the wrestler donates their DN to a non-profit. That
non-profit would chose to use the DN for public convenience targeting a
site of commercial nature wearing the WWF logo. This would probably remove
the contract from the picture and lead to an interesting case.

Jefsey