Re: [ga] Does someone knows the REAL rules?

on 8/15/01 9:46 PM, Peter de Blanc at pdeblanc@usvi.net wrote:

> Joanna:
> Would you still be running for ICANN board after withdrawing from GA (if
> that occurs)?
>
> Peter de Blanc

Peter,

You were completely correct in questioning my nomination for the Board, but
I can assure you that my actions were solely to provoke the focus of the
group. It was not my intention to single any member of the GA for criticism
and it was never my intention to withdraw from the election, or membership
of the GA, only from day to day work, specifically this list.

Maybe I overstepped the ground when I said that I needed 10 evaluations of
the BP, but I am pleased to say I have received a very positive response to
the call, and would also take this the opportunity to thank those who have
taken the time to provide feedback, both on and off-list. We look forward to
receiving more.

No doubt you will agree that when something substantial is submitted, people
should be willing to weigh in on it, whether pro or con, and I didn't want
this work to be perpetually floating around with no way to guage its
possible merits for the community.

Regards,

Joanna

The URLs for Best Practices: