Re: [ga] Statement on Completion of "A Unique, Authoritative Root for the DNS" (ICP-3)

Mr. Crispin,

In reading on this matter I find a curious lack of history.  By this I mean Mr.
Lynn and Mr. Sims jump right to the conclusions of this is what it is.  Generally
we would have located within a position paper the How and the Why. For instance
would it be fair to say;  "Somewhere between the time of 1998 and today's date it
was determined that the At Large would be made ineffectual and that a majority of
the BoD would not be elected. During this same time period it became custom that
Staff determine policy and only let public comment be made upon it.  The result
is the current policy which I have determined is a fact."

Would it also not be fair to say that although bottoms-up consensus is required
on these matters of Policy the BoD and staff have developed these policies in a
very top down non transparent manner?  If the policy cannot be explained in
manner consistent with the MOU, Contract and White Paper then you may say it *is*
the policy but you cannot say it is the *ligitmate* policy.

I am finding it very curious that in order for Nations to join the WTO they must
be very transparent and yet to run the world wide web transparency is not only
lacking but shunned.  How can it be justified to say if you don't like my top
down policy you must change it from the bottom-up.

Oh and by the way- per Mr. Sims' economic allegation, my position is against my
economic interests but in keeping with fairness, I would prefer he not project
his values upon us dot commoners. Here is an area where Mr. Sims' could learn a
great deal from Mr. Younger.

Sincerely,
Eric