[ga] Elections/Why are they ignored

Dear Members,

Why is this being so widely ignored?  First of all it was only
referenced as having to do with Individuals.  I really only see two
nominees referencing anything else. Now it is as though it is not
happening.

6.2 is the most important Job we have.  Why is everyone being so quiet
about this?

I think I have just witnessed a shell game. Or at least the attempt at
one. 100 posts over monitors and not one on this crucial issue. I wonder
who thinks they have the votes lined up secretly so that they do not
want public attention and popular vote on this so important of issues.
Please go to the announcement of this *election* and note the absence on
clarity. Also notice the relative silence of the nominees.

Those who only watch should now speak out!!

Sincerely,

DNSO operation related

     6. NC review.

          Identify key initiatives required to improve the functioning
of the NC. Propose changes for consideration by the ICANN Board where
          Board authority is required.

          Timeframe: March 2001 to identify and implement by end 2001.

          Strategies

          6.1 Establish an interim committee to propose terms of
reference for an NC task force or other group to implement the
following:

          6.2 Consultation. Review the recommendations of WG D and the
Review task force and working group report and implement a
          means of outreach and stakeholder consultation with built-in
mechanisms for fulfilling the objectives.

          6.3 GA Chair. Review the current system of election for the
General Assembly chair and propose changes if required.

          6.4 Individuals Constituency. Review the need, uniqueness,
potential contribution and representiveness of an individual domain
          name holder's constituency.

          6.5 Language diversity. Recommend cost effective means to
provide language diversity in the context of DNSO decisions.

          6.6 Consensus. Recommend to the NC a practical definition of
consensus for the purposes of NC consultation activities.