Re: Re[2]: [ga] Fw: ICANN's Karl Auerbach responds to Joe Sims over .kids domain

----- Original Message -----
From: "William X. Walsh" <william@userfriendly.com>

> > Since everything ICANN is doing is a "proof-of-concept"
> > on the "toy" IPv4 Internet, I am not sure it matters in the long-term.
> > If you look around any of the other major name space expansion
> > movements,
>
> "Major" assumes that they are in wide use.
>
> It's more like "minor" name space expansion movements.

For many people, the size is relative to the population of people
they prefer to communicate with. As you might see in the New.Net
community, the people there are more than happy to communicate
with ONLY the people in that community. In their view, they have
100% coverage of the market. They are actively encouraging web
designers to only use hosting companies from their community. The
ISPs that participate benefit. I doubt anyone there would shed a tear
if the ICANN site dried up and was swept into the bit bucket.

Also...

How are you able to measure the size of movements when you
claim not to participate in those movements ?

Have you ever created or received a packet on an IPv6 network ?

Have you ever created or received a packet on an IPv8 network ?

Have you ever created or received a packet on an IPv16 network ?

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com
Mars 128n 128e
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif