Re: [ga] President Younger's Independence Day Address to the World

Phillip and all assembly members,

   Judging from the "Subject" line of this post it would seem that you
are
a bit dismayed with Danny or Danny's earlier post to this the GA
Forum.  Indeed I responded to it myself with some concern as well.
Yet I am finding your sarcasm in this separate post/thread in response
a bit unnecessary and demeaning without cause.

Philip Sheppard wrote:

>   If I may summarise Danny's speech I understand that he says the GA
> is excluded from DNSO decision making. This is not the case.

True.  However it is quite evident that the DNSO GA is not being allowed

to fulfill it's rightful place in the decision making process from
within the
DNSO.  I believe that this was what Danny really was addressing...

> The NC is working to fulfil its business plan - that plan was a result
> of issues raised within the DNSO by the GA and others.

  Yes but does the "NC's business Plan" align with the DNSO GA's
necessary
role?  Some here would think not...

> One item of the plan concerning Review, takes its input directly from
> WG E, WG D and WG Review which were fora for discussion but not
> structured as fora for implementation.

  Why not structured for implementation?

> There will be opportunities for full public comment (i.e. GA input) on
> the relevant output of the NC task forces and other groups.
>
> Another item of the business plan concerns UDRP and we are expecting a
> nominee from the GA to join the task force.

  This is a good area for the GA to participate in.  As currently one of
the
nominee's I hope that the process will be open to any and all other
input
from whatever source is self identified as an "Interested Party"...  I
also
hope that this UDRP Task Force will be a implementation Task Force...

  As you may know, there has already been a good head start on
UDRP Questionnaire, questions being suggested on the sub list ga-udrp.
These should be very helpful and useful in the questionnaire for the
stakeholders to consider.  I have compiled I believe to be a complete
list of the thus far suggested questions.

> In the meantime the issue specific GA lists are the conduit for
> involvement on key issues. Where agreement on issues is reached on
> these lists we hope that the GA Chair (or indeed any GA member) will
> communicate this to the NC intake committee, in order to get the issue
> on the NC agenda. It is worth noting that to date there is more energy
> spent on rhetoric than there has been input from the GA to the NC
> intake Committee.

  Rhetorical comment is often a good source of intake.  I hope that the
NC Intake Committee will view such input as such.

> Finally, the NC has spent considerable time to start a recruitment and
> fund raising process in order to improve DNSO secretariat support. The
> GA like the NC will be a beneficiary of this.

  Good!  Is there a reference URL where this can be reviewed by the GA
members?

> Philip Sheppard
> NC Chair

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827