[ga] President Younger's Independence Day Address to the World

If I may summarise Danny's speech I understand that he says the GA is excluded from DNSO decision making. This is not the case.

The NC is working to fulfil its business plan - that plan was a result of issues raised within the DNSO by the GA and others.

One item of the plan concerning Review, takes its input directly from WG E, WG D and WG Review which were fora for discussion but not structured as fora for implementation. There will be opportunities for full public comment (i.e. GA input) on the relevant output of the NC task forces and other groups.

Another item of the business plan concerns UDRP and we are expecting a nominee from the GA to join the task force.

In the meantime the issue specific GA lists are the conduit for involvement on key issues. Where agreement on issues is reached on these lists we hope that the GA Chair (or indeed any GA member) will communicate this to the NC intake committee, in order to get the issue on the NC agenda. It is worth noting that to date there is more energy spent on rhetoric than there has been input from the GA to the NC intake Committee.

Finally, the NC has spent considerable time to start a recruitment and fund raising process in order to improve DNSO secretariat support. The GA like the NC will be a beneficiary of this.

Philip Sheppard
NC Chair