Re: [ga] ccTLD Rights

Dear All,

These are very helpful exchanges in the area of understanding misconceptions about
the operations of ccTLDs. Many misconceptions are not accidents.  We found several
accredited Registrar sights intentionally changed the term "generic" to "Global"
in an effort to make it appear that the ccTLDs were not Global.

Williams point on Trademarks is well spoken and consistent with maintaining
Cultural Integrity and National Security, as long as it does not violate treaties,
but those are really incorporated into the law.  I would say that RFC 1591 leans
more to the premise that domain names would not be governed by anything but
existing law.

I believe that our disregard for privacy in the whois databases is a uniquely
American philosophy that has wormed its way into the international setting.

Sincerely,
Eric