[ga] cryptography etc. & Policy etc.

Roberto et al,

You are very right here. This one of those areas where us policy wogs need to
interface more with the techies. Again misunderstanding and disinformation are
at the crux of this issue.

U.S. policy in general allows for e-commerce cryptography to freely flow, that
is a generality.  U.S. policy is more concerned with capacity than encryption,
again a generality and my use of capacity is intentionally vague.

We have to keep in mind just as IP interests are by far the strongest
"lobbyists" for UDRP matters so they are for commerce.  e-commerce encryption
helps the flow of goods and money and therefor is good for overall commerce. Of
course the U.S. is all for this precept. Now national secret type cryptology is
another story but that involves capacity(again vague).

I mentioned cookies in my earlier post which I am sure some found quite out of
context.  But it is not.  Transnational cookiedom is a possible problem.
Electronic Identification of international citizens on a non transparent basis
is a policy nightmare when it comes to privacy.

I am sure I have bored you all to tears.  If this thread continues I will be
happy to provide some URLS to further the marketing.  Remember marketing is
education and education is marketing and it should be accomplished inside-out
and outside-in across all borders political and physical.

Sincerely,
Eric