[ga] excessive amount of postings -- again

Dear members,

I would like to begin by thanking Patrick Corliss for having taken over the duties of Chair while I was attending to other matters, and to thank Harald Alvestrand for his patient and dedicated service as a monitor of these lists -- his contributions, and the guidance offered to the list monitor unit have been well appreciated.

As I return to active duty, I see that some things have still not changed for the better.  Reviewing yesterday's archive I note with some dismay that some participants continue to post excessively in violation of our rules.  As there is no value in having rules of decorum if they are not enforced in a timely manner, I am asking the list monitors to review the archives and to take necessary action.

Danny Younger
(posting from my new email address)