Re: [ga] Motion to Condemn the Propsed "theft" of the .BIZ tld by ICANN

At 11:25 25/06/01 +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>On 2001-06-24 09:00:32 -0400, Sandy Harris wrote:
>
>>Nonsense. Voting may sometimes be a useful tool for testing whether a
>>consensus exists. If it is clear, as it is here on this issue, that no
>>consensus exists, then a vote is pointless.
>
>Not at all.  Voting on this topic will, in this case, make the
>non-existence of any consensus abundantly clear, and would thus help the GA.

I agree with Thomas. Just call it Polling rather than voting.
The GA is helped if some of it's louder members (5 posts a day or more) are
forced to come to terms with a show of numbers that indicates how
persuasive (or not) they have been.

Joop Teernstra LL.M.,
councillor
InternetNZ