Re[2]: [ga] bringing the rules into the 21st century

Hello Earl,

Sunday, June 24, 2001, 11:31:26 AM, Earl Heather wrote:

> Fine.

> If you're that confident that the proposal has no merit, let's take it to a
> vote, and we'll see who wins.

> Defeating a motion seems a valid reason for encouraging the vote so I
> fail to understand your desire to AVOID the vote.

Your logic is flawed.

That isn't how the GA works.

We don't vote on every motion or every proposal that every member
makes.

If someone has a proposal or motion, then they need to bring it up for
discussion and debate, and if there appears to be enough support that
the motion may actually represent some consensus (and consensus is
not measured by a majority vote, btw), then the motion is put forward
for a vote.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>