Re: [ga] Alternate Root Memo sent to Names Council

Jeff and all assembly members,

  There is a serious problem with your companies opinion in this document.
To wit:
"Arguments have been made that the process used by the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to select new top-level domains (TLDs) for use on
the Internet has been unfair and unlawful to alternate root providers."

  It is inconsistent with the APA regulations and in violation of the CFR's
as well as not in agreement with the White Paper or the MoU to say
that the ICANN acted in a fair and lawful manner in the "Selecting" of
new TLD's to be entered into the USG Legacy Roots.  The Fair competition
act may have been violated as well, and as such, with already pre-existing
gTLD's or TLD's in operation .INFO and of course your assignment of
ICANN's .BIZ may be in violation of this act...

  Our letter to the DOC/NTIA that was singed by a large number of
Domain Name holders as well as several other organizations was
much more clear and concise on these issues that indicate that your
letter conveniently leaves out.  One can surely understand why
Neulevel takes the position that your letter improperly and
incorrectly indicates, of course...

Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> All,
>
> Enclosed is a memorandum that we sent to the Names Council on the issue of
> Alternate Roots, specifically with regards to the Atlantic Root.

>  <<Alternate Roots[1].doc>>
>
> > Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
> > Director, Policy and Intellectual Property
> > NeuLevel, Inc.
> > p: (202) 533-2733
> > f: (202) 533-2970
> > e-mail: Jeff.Neuman@NeuLevel.com

>                                 Name: Alternate Roots[1].doc
>    Alternate Roots[1].doc       Type: Microsoft Word Document (application/msword)
>                             Encoding: base64

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827