Re: [ga] Letter to Dr. Vint Cerf

Kent, you presuppose that the original entitlement automatically goes to ICANN
supported root.  The only places you could possible come up with this is in the
President's Directive and in the resulting CFR.  Those documents repeat at least 8
times that competition amoung registries - and even roots is to be encouraged. No
where, and I repeat no where has ICANN been given exclusivity in roots.

Therefor, ICANN would be direct violation of the CFR and Presidential directive if
they were to act in a manner inhibiting competition - Not to mention anti-trust.

If I were Mr. Cerf I would think long and hard about this.

Sincerely,