Re: [ga] What makes a corporation?

Dear Leah,
I would suggest you join me in the DNSO/BC/SME. I try to get it
active. We are only two there interacting together and interesting
issues have been discussed, like a DN holderhsip insurance and
a TLD operator insurance. This went up to the Staff with good feed
back. But we need more members... The DNSO/BC/SME is a
committee in the BC bylaws, even if Phil Sheppard never cared
to respond when I explained that we had started it (after I met
with BC people in Paris).

We cetainly can start working, lobbying and then claiming one
NC BC seat for us. There are 70 members or so at the BC.
would we be 100 SMEs we could certainly interest SME
associations and administrations round he world.

I also certainly support Joop's proposition to have an unformal
alliance between NonCom, BC/SME and IDNH on points of
common interest. This might help restoring the balance for the
80% of the holders not yet represented.

Last but not least: I am not sure that nonDN holders should
not be present at the DNSO. The DNSO is about DNS: they
use the DNS as anyone and may be affected by some
decisions, orientations. Many may be 3rd level users or
Inclusive root users.

As you know my position is that the GA sould include the
existing constituencies and others as Special Interest
Groups. The constituency system is only a way to elect
NC Membes, it could cetainly survive: the DNSO/BC SIG
would also be a constituency in that it would elect 3
Members at the NC. Some time the DNSO/IDNH SIG
could become a constiuency through a revamp of the NC
election rules: this should not prevent it to start existing
now. The mistake is to consider that the NC seats are
the key of the DNSO activity and of its real decision
making process.  a) the VRSN case shown that the GA
has a wheight by itself  b) it is up to the GA to work out
a new balance with the NC. The Chair election shown
that is possible.

Jefsey