Re: [ga] MOTION: Request for a GA resolution on an IDN holders' c onstituency (IC)

Leah and all assembly members,

  I have to agree wit Leah as do our [INEGroup] members.  And repeatedly
attempts have been made for and IC or IDNO to become a constituency
yet the ICANN BoD has refused to recognize such self forming constituency
to be recognized or otherwise formulated.

  In similar fashion the @large has been postponed due to a questionable
need of endless "Studies" to be done in order for such a  body within ICANN
to be recognized.  All the while of course the ICANN BoD has been
making policy in their names as if these stakeholders support such policies.
SOme would refer to such a situation as misrepresentation, I call it what it
really is, Fraud.  Yet using such a term (Fard) seems to engender very
spirited debate and constant back biting that never concludes (or has yet to)
in a resolution.  And again the ICANN BoD continues to claim they represent
these interests even though they have no voice or valid vote.  As such, it would
seem reasonable that such a situation is inconceivable to the extent of
bordering on the insane.

L Gallegos wrote:

> If you hold a domain name, you want the IC which doesn not exist.  You
> could also join the non-commecial SO, if your site falls into that
> category.  There is no prohibition on joining more than one.  The bone of
> contention is that there is no place for the individual domain name
> holder or small business that is not controlled by a faction that is at
> cross purposes with that part of the community.  The major
> corporations have the business SO, the IP interests have their SO, the
> non-coms have theirs, but everyone else is in limbo with no voice.
>
> We need the at-large and we need an SO for individuals and small
> business.  Those are the ones being mauled by the major corps and IP
> interests.
>
> Leah
>
> On 8 May 2001, at 12:42, McMeikan, Andrew wrote:
>
> > No I was not confused, just trying to get it stated in a way that would
> > avoid confusion.
> >
> > I guess I did not succeed.  I will state my opinions so that hopefully my
> > position will be clearer.
> >
> > * I challenge no ones right to do stuff one the net, although I challenge
> > ICANN for its attempt to limit others rights.
> >
> > * If there is to be a body like ICANN that does wish to decide what can and
> > can not be done, then as many that are affected should be represented.
> >
> > * There are other things on the net than web pages and these need to be
> > protected just as much.
> >
> > * I own a domain name with non-commercial content hosted on 'free' web
> > providers, I want to be in a constituency and be heard.
> >
> > * there used to be a net before DNS and there will still be one after its
> > gone.
> >

> >  cya, Andrew...

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827