RE: [ga] MOTION: Request for a GA resolution on an IDN holders' constituency (IC)

I was trying to point out all the possible groups that any particular person
would fit in, I was not trying to say that a large company with a hundred
domains should have a hundred reps in the IC, but it could be argued that
they should have one.

No ones voice should be diluted but everyone should have a say, at the
moment that means the individuals are having to shout and wave their arms
about

The internet is lots of networks all interfacing with each other.

"power" in any form usually comes from mobbing together, the more open,
distributed and standardised ways in which that is done spreads that power
more evenly.

The balance between the lone voices of individuals (like me) and the
undisputed "power" of large commercial entities and governments is that
whatever happens should never prevent the lone voices from being able to
have their say, show their point of view or being legally trampled into the
ground just because they do not have large gobs of money to back them up.

I think business has always had enough laws to protect them, while ICANN
should by all means listen to their side, it should never stop listening to
the individual because an individuals right to free speech, expression and
freedom from persecution is essential not only for an individuals freedom
but also its a right that business would not wish themselves to be denied.

Money is the real difference in "power" and probably the biggest threat to
an IC.  After all what's to stop a multination corporation from registering
a domain for each employee and getting them to all sign up as individuals
and vote as the corp. wants?  Paranoid yes I know, but money will always buy
votes, that's why participation should be as cheap as possible to get the
maximum participant to have their say.

	cya,	Andrew...

	<snip>