Re: [ga] Re: [ADMIN] Two Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

Hello babybows.com,

Sunday, May 06, 2001, 7:10:32 PM, babybows.com wrote:

> Jefsey,

> I would remind you that all of the List Monitors are volunteers.  They are
> your peers and fellow members of this General Assembly that have accepted
> the exceedingly difficult responsibility of safeguarding list decorum.  They
> have an incredibly hard job to do, one that you did not volunteer to
> undertake, and they have committed long tedious hours assessing and
> responding to the large number, let me repeat, large number of complaints
> sent to ga-abuse.  This list has for too long suffered the burden of
> behavior that should not be tolerated.  There are an enormous number of
> complaints because those that expect a minimum degree of civility can no
> longer abide by the abuse that has become rampant on the GA lists.

> You have argued that their decision is invalid.  The Chair disagrees.  This
> decision stands until such time as I act upon an appeal from the impacted
> party.

I see nothing in the rules that requires that the impacted party is
the only one who can appeal the decision (or even implies it).

Consider this an appeal of what appears could possible by an unfair
decision.

Also of the change in policy by the list monitors from the previously
posted policy, which said that list sanctions were unique to each
list, rather than the universal sanction they are not seeking and in
fact have exercised against Mr Dierker.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh