Re: [ga] Appendix U

Bret and all assembly members,

Bret Fausett wrote:

> Kent Crispin wrote:
> > We can either delay now while the DNSO grinds through several months of
> > inconclusive rambling, or we can delay later while the confidentiality
> > clauses tick away.
>
> I don't see months of rambling as an option. These contracts will be
> revised, or not, in the next week. I'd rather see the confidentiality delays
> fixed now than left in. I read in Danny's message that he fully appreciated
> the time pressures on this.

  It seems obvious that Kent is trying to paint a negative view upon possibly
extending
a review process for Appendix U concerns that is divisive in his wording.
I agree with Danny's earlier post in that seven days is not really and adequate
time for any BoD to review this information adequately.  I would therefore
suggest that 30 days be set aside for a better and more comprehensive
review of these areas in the new questionable gTLD contracts/agreements.
I know our members that have been chiming in are quite concerned
regarding many aspects of these gTLD contracts.

  We must all remember that if these contracts are accepted by DOC/NTIA
they will be with us for a long time and such precedence set there unto
within will set a precedent for future contracts for gTLD's.

>        -- Bret

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827