RE: [ga] Verisign Contract/policy

Dear Chuck,
You are right. Eric is mostly emotional and injust to NSI. But I am
not sure you are right about the impact on the GA image. Emotional
reactions belong to life.

No other place in the iCANN and in the industry can rationally take
them into account (you don't see an employee or a paid consultant
being emotional). Yet we need to make sure that every market and
political assessment take them into account, how?

IMHO the GA has the capacity not to overlook the emotional aspects
and to aggregate them  with many other "unusual" sources into
professional place (GA) and market (@large) self-produced studies.
Managements should be (and are) eager for that.

There is nothing sophisticated, costly or complex in Eric's reaction,
no need to pay a market study firm:  there is just what many
may/will say in the public.

- your PR and management should be happy with this kind of early
   warning and test bed of market/public/press reaction (BTW I suppose
   you would not be here nor Marilyn nor several others otherwise).

- GA reports, worked in common are not emotional but voted by a
   diversified segmentation of the industry opinions. They should then
   be of real value to you as based upon the whole spectrum if the
   possible inputs.

In Plan B's case this has shown its capacity to make things moving,
melting an emotional dynamic with a diversified scope of rationals.
It is under way to show the same capacity in several other areas.

Or I am totally wrong?
Jefsey